1. 程式人生 > >tpo-10 C1 How to get photographs exhibited

tpo-10 C1 How to get photographs exhibited

第 1 段
1.Listen to a conversation between a student and her Photography professor.
聽一段學生和攝影學教授的對話。
第 2 段
1.Professor Johnson, there's something that's been on my mind.
傑森教授,我一直在想一件事。
第 3 段
1.Ok.
什麼?
第 4 段
1.Remember last week you told us that it's really important to get our photography into a show, basically as soon as we can?
記得上週您說把自己的作品儘快的展覽出來至關重要嗎?
第 5 段
1.Yeap, it's a big step, no question.
是的。這是很重要的一步,毫無疑問。
第 6 段
1.Thing is, I'm sitting here and I'm just not sure how I get there.
問題是,我就坐在這裡想,真的不知道怎麼才能達到那一步。
2.I mean I've got some work I like, but, is it really what the gallery is looking for?
我倒是有些自己喜歡的作品,但是美術館也會喜歡嗎?
3.How would I know? How do I make the right contacts to get into a show. I just really don't...
我怎樣知道?如何將自己的作品展覽出來呢,我真的……
第 7 段
1.Okay, hold on. Slow down.
好,別急,別急。
2.Um, these are questions that, well, just about every young artist has to struggle with.
嗯,這些就是年輕藝術家經常感到困惑的問題。
3.Ok, the first thing you should do is you absolutely have to stay true to your artistic vision.
那麼首先你需要做的就是堅定自己的藝術視覺。
4.Take the pictures you want to take.
拍攝自己喜歡的照片。
第 8 段
1.Don't start trying to catch the flavor of the month and be trendy because you think you'll get into a show.
千萬不要因為你想展出自己的作品就試圖去拍攝季風之類的時尚作品。
2.That never works, because you wind up creating something you don't really believe in.
這隻會事倍功半,因為你想製作出自己其實並不熱衷的作品。
3.It sounds uninspired, and won't make any shows.
聽起來好像沒什麼靈感,也不會有成功的展出。
4.I've seen that happened so many times.
我已經見過很多這樣的例子了。
5.This doesn't mean that you should go into a cave

, keep up with trends.
這倒不是說你應該進洞了去拍照什麼的。要隨著潮流走。
6.Even think about how your work might fit in with them, but don't mindlessly follow them.
想想你的作品如何與潮流相呼應,但是不能盲目追求。
第 9 段
1.Well, yeah, I can see that.
嗯,那我明白了。
2.I think though I've always been able to stay pretty true to what I want to create, not was others want me to create.
我想盡管我一直堅定自己的風格,但是也許這不是別人想看到的作品啊。
3.I think that comes through my work.
我想這也在我的作品上有所體現吧。
第 10 段
1.Ok. Just remember that is one thing to create works that you really want to create when it’s in the classroom.
好的。在創造作品時你就記住,就像你在教室裡一樣。
2.The only thing at stake
is your grade. But, work created outside of the classroom?
只不過在教室裡你還需要擔心自己的分數,那麼在教室以外呢?

at stake 處於危險中

3.That can be a different story.
那就大不相同了。
4.I' m not talking about techniques or things like that.
我不是在說技巧之類的問題。
5.It's just there's so much more at stake.
就是說在你用藝術來謀生的時候,你要面臨很多問題。
6.When you're out there making art for a living, there's a lot of pressure to become something you are not and people often surrender to that pressure.
總是有很多的壓力,讓你不再是你自己,很多人經常在這種壓力下屈服。
第 11 段
1.But to get stuff exhibited.
但是想將自己的作品展出……
第 12 段
1.Well, you need to be a bit of an opportunist.
呃,你需要遇到機遇。
2.Here's common sense, things like ,always having a sample of your work on hand to give to people.
那麼一般是你隨時有張副本在手中以給人展示。
3.You won't believe that kind of contacts are opportunities you can get in this way.
你簡直不能相信這種方式能給你帶來的機遇。
4.And try to get your work seen

in places like restaurants, book stores.
而且儘量使你的作品在飯店、書店等地方展出,
5.You'd be surprised how word gets around about photography in places like that.
你會驚奇的發現在這些地方很多人會圍觀攝影作品。
第 13 段
1.Ok, it's just so hard to think about all those practical things and make good work, you know.
好的。但是你知道的,想想這些實踐起來的事情以及創作好作品就很難。