1. 程式人生 > >New Concept English Two 20 52

New Concept English Two 20 52

我的朋友 為我 iou explained explain sta 是我 gre out

$課文50 乘車兜風

510. I love travelling in the country, but I don‘t like losing my way.

我喜歡在鄉間旅行,但卻不願意迷路。

511. I went on an excursion recently, but my trip took me longer than I expected.

最近我作了一次短途旅行,但這次旅行所花費的時間比我預計的要長。

512. ‘I‘m going to Woodford Green,‘ I said to the conductor as I got on the bus,‘ but I don‘t know where it is.‘

“我要去伍德福德草地,”我一上車就對售票員說,“但我不知道它在那兒。”

513. ‘I‘ll tell you where to get off. ‘answered the conductor.

“我來告訴您在哪兒下車,”售票員回答說。

514. I sat in the front of the bus to get a good view of the countryside.

我坐在汽車的前部,以便飽覽農村風光。

515. After some time, the bus stopped.

過了一些時候,車停了。

516. Looking round, I realized with a shock that I was the only passenger left on the bus.

我環視了一下身旁,驚奇地發現車裏就只剩我一個乘客了。

517. ‘You‘ll have to get off here, ‘the conductor said. ‘This is as far as we go.‘

“您得在這裏下車,”售票員說,“我們的車就到此為止了。”

518. ‘Is this Woodford Green?‘ I asked.

“這裏是伍德福德草地嗎?”我問道。

519. ‘Oh dear,‘ said the conductor suddenly. ‘I forgot to put you off.‘

“哎呀,”售票員突然說,“我忘了讓您下車了。”

520. ‘It doesn‘t matter,‘ I said. ‘I‘ll get off here.‘

“沒關系,”我說,“我就在這兒下吧。”

521. ‘We‘re going back now,‘ said the conductor.

“我們現在要返回去,”售票員說。

522. ‘Well, in that case, I prefer to stay on the bus,‘ I answered.

“好吧,既然如此,我還是留在車上吧。”我回答說。

$課文51 對美德的獎賞

523. My friend, Hugh, has always been fat, but things got so bad recently that he decided to go on a diet.

我的朋友休一直很胖,但是近來情況變得越發糟糕,以致他決定節食。

524. He began his diet a week ago.

他是一星期前開始節食的。

525. First of all, he wrote out a long list of all the foods which were forbidden.

首先,他開列了一張長長的單子,上面列了所有禁吃的食物。

526. The list included most of the things Hugh loves: butter, potatoes, rice, beer, milk, chocolate, and sweets.

這張單子上的大多數食物都是休喜歡吃的:黃油、土豆、米飯、啤酒、牛奶、巧克力和糖果。

527. Yesterday I paid him a visit. I rang the bell and was not surprised to see that Hugh was still as fat as ever.

昨天我去看望了他。我按響了門鈴,當看到休仍和往常一樣胖時,我並不感到驚奇。

528. He led me into his room and hurriedly hid a large parcel under his desk.

他把我領進屋,慌忙把一個大包藏到了桌子下面。

529. It was obvious that he was very embarrassed.

顯然他感到很尷尬。

530. When I asked him what he was doing, he smiled guiltily and then put the parcel on the desk.

當我問他正幹什麽時,他內疚地笑了,然後把那個大包拿到了桌上。

531. He explained that his diet was so strict that he had to reward himself occasionally.

他解釋說,他的飲食控制得太嚴格了,以致不得不偶爾獎賞自己一下。

532. Then he showed me the contents of the parcel.

接著他給我看了包裏的東西。

533. It contained five large bars of chocolate and three bags of sweets!

裏面裝了5大塊巧克力和3袋糖果!

$課文52 漂亮的地毯

534. We have just moved into a new house and I have been working hard all morning.

我們剛剛搬進一所新房子,我辛辛苦苦地幹了整整一個上午。

535. I have been trying to get my new room in order.

我試圖把我的新房間收拾整齊,

536. This has not been easy because I own over a thousand books.

但這並不容易,因為我有1,000多本書。

537. To make matters worse, the room is rather small, so I have temporarily put my books on the floor.

更糟糕的是房間還非常小,所以我暫時把書放在了地板上。

538. At the moment, they cover every inch of floor space and I actually have to walk on them to get in or out of the room.

這會兒,書把地板的每一點空隙都占據了,我實際上是踩著這些書進出房間的。

539. A short while ago, my sister helped me to carry one of my old bookcases up the stairs.

幾分鐘前,我妹妹幫我把一個舊書櫥擡上了樓。

540. She went into my room and got a big surprise when she saw all those books on the floor.

她走進我的房間,當她看到地板上的那些書時,大吃一驚。“

541. ‘This is the prettiest carpet I have ever seen,‘ she said.

這是我見過的最漂亮的地毯,”她說。

542. She gazed at it for some time then added,

她盯著“地毯”看了一會兒,又說:

543. You don‘t need bookcases at all. You can sit here in your spare time and read the carpet!

“你根本用不著書櫥,空閑時你可以坐在這兒讀地毯!”

New Concept English Two 20 52